There is nothing more inconvenient and disruptive than getting into a vehicle accident where you aren’t at fault. Yet, you still have to deal with the aftermath of the accident, from getting medically treated to having your vehicle replaced down to filing a claim to seek compensation from the party at fault.

In this article, we will cover what you need to know about your rights should you get into a non-fault accident. 

What to know about tort law and your rights

The tort law covers the individual’s rights following a non-fault accident. For the uninitiated, a tort is deemed a civil wrong that causes personal harm to an individual, whether physical or financial. For this case, the person who caused the harm, known as the at-fault party, is held legally and financially liable. On the other hand, the individual who suffered from losses will have to make a claim and be compensated by the at-fault party.

What pecuniary loss is and how to claim

It’s worth knowing that filing claims essentially revolves around claiming for a pecuniary loss. This pertains to any type of financial loss that one has incurred brought by an accident. If you’re wondering what these financial losses are, here are some examples:

  • Repair or replacement costs for a damaged vehicle
  • Earning loss due to the time away from work 
  • Medical expenses and medication costs to treat injuries

The ultimate goal of claiming for a monetary loss is to help you get back into the financial position you were in prior to the collision. Should you get into an accident, seeking compensation from the party at fault or your insurance is a right you should practice.

How to file a claiming for your vehicle’s loss or damage

Keep in mind that you’re entitled to claim for an alternative vehicle after an accident, especially while waiting for your vehicle to be repaired and serviced. This is where a third-party accident management service comes into the picture.

Essentially, an uninsured loss isn’t covered by your personal insurance provider. If you have insurance, it will only cover for the damage that’s your fault; the rest of which is considered an uninsured loss. However, some insurance companies do provide courtesy cars that get you back on the road. As the name implies, however, it’s merely a courtesy offered by your insurance. 

What’s good about working with an accident management company is that it allows you to claim a replacement vehicle, which will then be paid for by the third-party insurer. With this advantage, you can get back on the road using a vehicle similar to your own.

Ultimately, the tort law bespeaks of your right to be in the same position you were in before the accident. This means that providing a vehicle similar to the one you drive is not merely a luxury, but your right.


If you’ve been involved in a vehicular accident, it’s essential to know your rights as a driver. The tort law essentially speaks about your rights following a non-fault accident. It also helps to know what you can do with your financial loss and see how you can file a claim for a replacement vehicle. Consider all the valuable information discussed above and hire a service that can handle the aftermath of an accident.

We’re an accident management company in the UK that provides vehicular accident assistance and represents non-fault parties who have been involved in road collisions. If you need help dealing with the aftermath of an accident where you aren’t at fault, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!