RTR UK Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RTR UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 20th September 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record-keeping
• To improve our products and services
• To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
• To contact you for market research purposes – we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
• To customise our website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at RTR UK Ltd, Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, South Yorks. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. An administrative fee of £10.00 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to RTR UK Ltd, Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, South Yorks.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we will use your data
Insurance risk purposes i.e. to examine the potential risk in relation to your prospective claim so that we can:
• Consider whether to accept the relevant risk of you hiring our vehicle under the terms of our insurance policy;
• Make decisions about the provision and administration of accident management related services for you (and members of your household);
• Validate your (or any person or property likely to be involved in the hiring of our vehicle) claims history (at any time, including upon application for our service or in the event of an accident or a claim)
Management information purposes i.e. to analyse insurance and other markets for the purposes of:
• Risk assessment;
• Performance reporting;
• Management reporting;
Anti-fraud purposes i.e. to detect and prevent fraudulent claims and/or activities by:
• Sharing information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police (if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering. Further details explaining how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used can be obtained by writing to the Data Protection Officer at RTR UK Ltd, Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, South Yorks.
• Tracing debtors or beneficiaries, recovering debt, managing your accounts and or insurance policies;
• Undertaking fraud searches. We pass information to NetFoil a claims database designed and used for the detection and prevention of fraudulent insurance claims. When we consider your request to use our services we will search this register.
Like many Credit Hire Organisations, Accident Management businesses, and Insurers we pass information relating to claims to the Netfoil database (Netfoil) operated by Hill Dickinson LLP. The aim is to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. We will pass information relating to this incident to Hill Dickinson LLP for analysis as part of its counter fraud claims screening business. In dealing with this incident we may search Netfoil. Netfoil is also accessible by other clients of Hill Dickinson LLP and third parties with whom Hill Dickinson LLP contracts, other providers of data to Netfoil and the insurance industry in general for the purposes of fraud identification, prevention, detection and management and other associated law enforcement purposes.
If you are dealing with this claim on behalf of a claimant please ensure this information is brought to their attention.
Compliance with legal obligations and responsibilities:
• Claims management – In the event of a claim we may need to disclose information with any other party involved in that claim such as third parties involved in the incident, their insurer, solicitor or representative and medical teams, the police or other investigators. We also may have to investigate your claims and conviction history;
• Complaints management – If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal information, to the relevant ombudsman.
How your data will be processed
Information which is supplied can include details such as your name, address and date of birth together with details of any injury arising from a claim.
Your data may be transferred to any country, including countries outside of the European Economic Area, for any of the purposes mentioned above.
RTR UK Ltd, Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, South Yorks. Correspondence can be sent to this address marked for the attention of the Company Secretary.
RTR UK Ltd Dovecote House Middlecliffe Lane Little Houghton Barnsley South Yorkshire S72 0HW – Company Registration No 5174365 – CRM No 2737 –Regulated by the claims management regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities, its registration is recorded on the website http://www.justice.gov.uk/claims-regulation
RTR UK Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Ref 835347. This business is registered in England and Wales, Company No 05174365
Registered Address: The Church, Housley Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2UE